Python Forum

Full Version: Python with C extension cross compiling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am fairly new to Python and extensions but I am working on an application that is working great on my Windows PC but I am having a hard to getting it onto my Raspberry Pi. I wrote Python code with an extension that calls in header files from a supplier to control a motor. It all works great on my PC but when I move it over to my Pi, it throws all these header exceptions (mostly windows specifics, wtypes, tchar, etc..). So I am curious if anyone can chime in on how I am to cross compile this? I know bascially I need to call a different compilier or port the code over.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Greg
Quote: it throws all these header exceptions
show them, use error tags
Here is the main error.

Error:
./Includes/_mingw.h:264:2: error: #error Only Win32 target is supported! #error Only Win32 target is supported!
After that area that are about a 100 not defined because that first error doesn't load
always show the entire error. It contains important information about execution prior to encountering the actual error.
That said, raspberry is running Linux, correct?
so you won't be using mingw, probably gcc.
you need to check for a Linux version, or specifically for a Raspberry Pi version.