Python Forum

Full Version: Python to Exe file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Still looking for help. Hey I need help making a python file into a exe file. I used things like py2exe or cx freeze or pyinstaller but each time this error message came up on the command prompt.

Command ""c:\program files (x86)\python37-32\python.exe" -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='C:\\Users\\-----\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-me90u3ij\\future\\setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record C:\Users\-----\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-record-4s2pzv5p\install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile" failed with error code 1 in C:\Users\------\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-me90u3ij\future\
I really need someones help.
First thing I would try:

pip install --upgrade setuptools
If that doesn't work I would try re-installing/updating all the modules your using with that program.
(Jul-31-2018, 07:57 PM)TreeLeaF Wrote: [ -> ]but each time this error message came up on the command prompt.
Is this an issue when you try to pip install anything? This is an issue with your python or process to install packages, not a problem with those specific packages. What method of installation are you using? Are you using a wheel?

here are some more things to try other than upgrading setuptools. And it might give a little more detail into other issues.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1429...gnized-ind

There are a whole bunch of hits with putting some of the error in. You coul start reading through them and trying some. Please report your solution back here when done.