Python Forum

Full Version: Server reboot scheduled for 10:00PM EST
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it's well past 10:00PM EST and the maintenance banner for the server reboot is still showing. did the reboot even happen?
no the schedule didnt go through, so i just manually did it now. Also sometimes i forget to take the announcement off since i set a schedule to reboot the server. I only notice it when i come back on after i know the server has rebooted.

Also since we added more cores to the server the reboot process is almost instantaneously. Where it took 5 minutes before. So now, most of the time you wont even notice the reboot even being on the site.

Sorry for any confusion.
it would be nice if the board software would check if an external file in a certain place existed. if not, just do the normal thing. if it does exist, it is the message to be displayed. you can add an /etc/rc,local file to remove the message and itself. schedule the reboot with the shutdown command. done.
its one of those things that doesnt occur a lot unless im modify something on the server. So the question of it being worth it comes to mind.