Python Forum

Full Version: Which library to use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, am a beginner in python now that i have done the basics i need to do so cool stuff
I need a program to grab some screen data from chrome(browser) then analys it and execute back on chrome
I intend to learn opencv for grabbing data but i dont know which library to use to execute

Please advise on any lib to use and any other that may be helpful in my mini project
If you need to execute JavaScript on the Page, you can look for https://selenium-python.readthedocs.io/
This runs a browser session (Firefox, Chrome or other) and you have control over this session.

If you just want to grab content from a page without this dedicated browser session, you should look for requests and Requests-HTML (also JS support).

Another library which is built on top of html.parser/lxml is BeautifulSoup 4, which is a little bit tricky to handle.

EDIT: I used one minute ago requests_html to download something from a web page on my server, where a login is required. This library is very cool. It worked directly :-)