Python Forum

Full Version: still can't get pip to run
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am still having troubles getting pip to run:
Output:
lt2a/forums /home/forums 1> pip list Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/bin/pip", line 7, in <module> from pip._internal import main ImportError: No module named 'pip._internal' lt2a/forums /home/forums 2> cat /usr/local/bin/pip #!/usr/bin/python3 # -*- coding: utf-8 -*- import re import sys from pip._internal import main if __name__ == '__main__': sys.argv[0] = re.sub(r'(-script\.pyw|\.exe)?$', '', sys.argv[0]) sys.exit(main()) lt2a/forums /home/forums 3>
i did a full fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS and everything else has been working fine (except --system mode of pulseaudio). any ideas?
did you update pip?
python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip
or try
curl https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py -o get-pip.py
python3 get-pip.py --force-reinstall
i tried to update pip and it failed. i didn't try that way. i'll give it a try after my shower.
Isn't it strange that your pip is in /usr/local/bin and it calls a python from /usr/bin ?
so it should be #!/usr/bin/env python3?

(Dec-09-2018, 04:03 AM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]did you update pip?
python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip

this worked and pip seems to now, too. that script looks the same but the file's date is update. i assume it installed the missing module.