Python Forum

Full Version: cadastral map
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello!
Im trying to draw a map of annecy but I cant
here's what Ive got for now and Ive already got a mistake ((executing lines 1 to 10 of "<tmp 1>")
File "<tmp 1>", line 7
SyntaxError: (unicode error) 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in position 2-3: truncated \UXXXXXXXX escape)which I dont understand please help

import json

import tkinter

parcelles = [ ]
for num in ["010", "019", "067", "112", "186", "213", "219"]:
with open("C:\Users\esther\Downloads\cadastre/cadastre-74"+num+"-communes.json") as json_data:
data_dict = json.load(json_data)
for k in range(len(data_dict["features"])):
parcelles.append(data_dict["features"] [k] ["geometry"] ["coordinates"])
There is an error because \Uxxxx is used in literal strings to enter unicode characters that you can't type on the keyboard. Python complains because of "\Users". Use a raw string r"C:\Users\esther\Downloads\cadastre/cadastre-74" (note the leading 'r').
(Jan-06-2019, 11:52 PM)Gribouillis Wrote: [ -> ]There is an error because \Uxxxx is used in literal strings to enter unicode characters that you can't type on the keyboard. Python complains because of "\Users". Use a raw string r"C:\Users\esther\Downloads\cadastre/cadastre-74" (note the leading 'r').
thank you gribouillis there is no more mistake
Just for completeness, in addition to raw string as suggested by Gribouillis, you can escape the backslash (i.e. use double backslash
"C:\\Users\\esther\\Downloads\\cadastre\\cadastre-74"+num+"-communes.json" or use forward-slash "C:/Users/esther/Downloads/cadastre/cadastre-74"+num+"-communes.json"