Python Forum

Full Version: Looking for new hosting service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last year, I had a surprise automatic deduction from my bank account (didn't even know I was set up for it) from my hosting provider (who's initials are 'GD'), and am up for renewal next month, so I am looking for a new inexpensive, reliable hosting service, (stress reliable), who responds quickly to any issues I may have. Prefer some sort of plan that allows at least 10 email accounts as part of the bundle, and low domain transfer charge.
Any suggestions?
Digital Ocean; of whom this forum is using is my suggestion. I am not sure about email plans or transfer charges however. I like their tickets system as i have always gotten a response from DO for any issues. Usually i do not need to even make a ticket as i find a related question when i type in mine. Plans start at $5/month and go up. I pay via paypal one time payments and put credit on the account. So i am not sure if you put a credit/debit card in what they do with automatic payments. But with paypal one time payments, they just run it into the negative before they charge.

cons:
Snapshots use to be free, and now cost. However they remain the cheapest solution to entire backups. They log stuff so you can use it to torrent/as a seed box. Not sure what you are using it for.
I have 4 domains 1 email, 1 ssl certificate, and 1 hosting account GD charged me almost $800 last year
Well, I've been doing well with webfaction, but they sent me an email last night saying they've been bought out by someone whose initials are 'GD'.
'Go' figure!
Unfortunately, the "GD" and there are no options; ((I did not find more precisely)
I'm looking for good and reliable hosting service for my Magento website. How is the Site Ground? I was going for Go Daddy but my friends are not recommending me. Is GoDaddy customer service not good?
GoDaddy Customer service was good. I used it for my business for over 10 years.
I hear good things about digital ocean.
Is Digital Ocean better than GoDaddy? By the way, I found coupon platforms also and they are giving dicounts on hosting differernt hosting providers if we shop through them, for instance reecoupons. Have you ever tried to buy hosting services through these sites?
Quote:Is Digital Ocean better than GoDaddy?
I believe that is the opinion of most people I speak with.
This forum (I believe) is hosted by Digital Ocean.
My only beef with Go daddy was billing.
One year prices shot up, and I was charged almost double for one year as for the previous.
I had more than one domain, and unlimited email accounts which were originally part of the hosting package.
This was eventually unbundled, and may be the reason for the huge increase.
I think I would have accepted the change if I had been forewarned, but I wasn't.
Pages: 1 2