Python Forum

Full Version: Pyinstaller failing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello ...

Finally finished a script that I want to convert to .exe using Pyinstaller, as I've done in the past. However, when I run it, the same way I had before, I get the following error
"AttributeError: 'FFI' object has no attribute 'unpack'"

I did some research and saw others had fixed this problem by doing an install of sentry==8.14.1 (via pip)

But when I do that, I get
" distutils.errors.DistutilsError: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('cffi>=1.6.0')"

Any ideas how I can get around that, or if there is an easier way to convert to .exe?

I found another app (Auto Py to Exe) that I installed and ran. Apparently, it uses pyinstaller, and they have a comments section people use for help.... so I think the cross posting rules may apply here.
https://nitratine.net/blog/post/convert-...-questions
What version of python are you using?
3.5 - I got an answer (or somebody helping me) on that link I noted in my original posting - so please don't waste any time - if it gets resolved, I'll post the answer here, and if not, will follow up!

THANK YOU!!

Okay, I was able to get it working.

The problem was that CFFI, which I had never heard of, was outdated. I ran a PIP INSTALL CFFI --upgrade and restarted the process...it worked!