Python Forum

Full Version: Connect a Teradata DB to Python
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Forum,
I have 2 issues.
I want to do some work on some datasets that are in a Teradata DB so
1. I am trying to connect to it & run queries.
2. I downloaded the driver 'teradata-15.10.0.21.tar' am am trying to find a way to get it to install.

I'm using Python (Spyder 3.3.2) with Teradata SQL Assistant Database version 14.10, Provider Version 16.20.
I'm on a Windows 7 O/s.

Re Issue 1, Can anyone step me through the connection steps?

Re Issue 2, The commands for the prompt I've tried all sya they can't find 'teradata' as I haven't seen a way to apply a directory path to the file??

Thanks
Thanks,

As I was saying, this doesn't find the file and I expect I need to supply a directory path.

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'teradata'
you probably need to install one of the drivers on this page (I don't know which)
https://developer.teradata.com/
Thanks again Larz60+,

I've now got to the stage where I have added the teradata-15.10.0.21 file to the directory;
C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\Lib\teradata-15.10.0.21.

I then ran pip install teradata and also pip install teradata-15.10.0.21 on the cmd prompt.

I got the attached error.

Any suggests?

Thanks Peter
[attachment=547]
teradata does not install with pip. The links that I gave you are to their site.
There are installation instructions there, look around.
Thanks again, but I need to know (because I've tried exhaustively) how & what to use to install teradata-15.10.0.21 and not tell me what doesn't do this...
Thanks again,

I think you are misunderstanding my question.

Hi Forum,
I have 2 issues.
I want to do some work on some datasets that are in a Teradata DB so
1. I am trying to connect to it & run queries.
2. I downloaded the driver 'teradata-15.10.0.21.tar' am am trying to find a way to get it to install.

I already have teradata TTU 16.20 installed.

I want to connect my Teradata DB to Python & I found on the 'net that it would be useful to download & import Teradata 15.10.0.21.

This what I'm trying to connect
Sorry, I did misunderstand and cannot answer your question.
Pages: 1 2