Python Forum

Full Version: what to learn after the basics?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi

first you do beginners guide, loops, int, string, lists, dictionaries ect.

After completing it, then what?

I google it, and links take me to lessons that look like a mix of greek, chinese, alien,
and a future language that hasent been invented yet.

It feels like jumping for a to z, without b,d,e...

what to do?
(Feb-06-2019, 10:33 PM)mitmit293 Wrote: [ -> ]first you do beginners guide, loops, int, string, lists, dictionaries etc.
I would defiantly add more to that list such as functions, classes, modules, file and exception handling, etc.

But after that you pretty much can do whatever you want. What interests you in learning programming in the first place? I would start learning 3rd party libraries that are in your field of interest. This is because almost every task has a library associated with it that simplifies the process even further in python. For example if you are interested in gaming, then i would start with pygame and go from there. If you are interested in web parsing i would learn BeautifulSoup, requests, and selenium. If you just want to test out what you have learned so far with the basics i would just write some programs that utilize them. You can find a large list of ideas here that if you come on writers block.