Python Forum

Full Version: Window resizing help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in the process of writing a Python 3 QT5 app.
I have about 80% of the layout created.
Originally, I planned to design and use it on a 3.5 inch touch screen with 320x240 resolution, but decided part way through to try hard to make it work at almost any screen resolution.
So, I started playing with style sheets, but I don't think this is going to get me the whole way there.

I have come to find out that some widgets resize automatically (I.E. QLCDNumber, QPushButton horizontally) and some do not (I.E. QLabel, QSpinBox).
With help from Alfalfa, I figured out how to resize QPushButton both horizontally and vertically using QSizePolicy.
I am, however, still struggling with almost everything else resizing.

I am looking to maintain aspect ratio, not have more things show up the bigger the window gets.
What should I be looking into and/or where should I be looking?

Thanks,
FJ
Anyone?
I am surprised no one has replied yet.

I had to put the project away for a while due to work, but now I bringing it back out.
I really want to get this project up and running before winter this year. :-)
Well @FesterJester it appears that many folks are fairly new to this forum and probably did not go that far back (I know I did not) to see if any questions still needed answers. Second your most recent comment seems (and if I interpreted it wrong I apologize) to indicate you believe you are owed an answer rather than it being someone doing you an absolute favor since they have to take time out of their day to analyze your question and determine if they can answer it. Further perhaps it is how you posed your original question -- more details always facilitates quicker answers.

Note I am fairly new to pyqt5 but a long time programmer and I have been able to answer a half-dozen questions on pyqt5 from taking the question and doing a series of google searches and piecing together the answers. I state this because those questions that I did answer could have been just as easily answered by their owners and I chose to answer them because I wanted to learn about what the question was related to. So with 4 months of research have you not made any progress on this question (yeah you put it on the back-burner but if that is an excuse and you are saying you totally shelved it then it must not be that important to you so do not expect it to be at all important to someone else)? Now if you have uncovered additional information posting this additional information that you have figured out about your original question could just spark an ah-ha moment for someone? Again the onus is on you to present as much information as possible in order to help the whomever (if anyone) do you a favor.

But always keep in mind you are asking for a favor be gracious be humble and you will be more likely to get an answer if someone knows one.

P.S. There are other pyqt forums out there as well maybe someone with the answer is on one of them -- and if you do find the answer posting it here would show how much you value future help form this forum