Python Forum

Full Version: Resource Monitoring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks.

I've posted a similar question to this before, I've also spent a lot of time looking for answers and haven't found anything that fits the bill yet.

If you have a quick look at Windows resource monitor, you will find options for viewing CPU usage, Disk activity, Memory usage and Network utilisation. These graphs and numbers track what has been 'used/transmitted/' as a percentage over the last x seconds.

I need the same for Debian based nodes using python. There are loads of posts about getting a snapshot of certain information, but I can't find a way to get what I need.

I'm sure there are big monitoring softwares out there, but I can't use 3rd party stuff, I need to write this myself. I'm happy for fall back to bash output, I'm happy to gather the information from the moon in I have to!

IT MUST be running total data, so where or how would I get this data? I know I can get some useful information for psutil, current memory usage, current disk space etc, which is great, but again not what I need.

Has anyone achieved this with python? ALL ideas welcome.

Many thanks.
look here: https://pypi.org/search/?q=system+performance
I'm not sure what you want is there, but it's likely
you can narrow the list by adding to the search criteria