Python Forum

Full Version: Running script pops up python.exe but blank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have python 3.7.2 and atom IDE installed on my lenevo laptop AMD processor. Just to see everything works fine i started with "Hello World" program running the script from IDE pops up "python.exe" window but nothing displays, no characters are seen i closed the application(python.exe) ran it manually and tried typing but no characters seen. Can somebody help?
Please post your code, in python tags.
Hi ichabod801,

The code is to print "Hello World".

print("hello world")
(Mar-25-2019, 05:40 PM)Beerendar Wrote: [ -> ]ran it manually and tried typing but no characters seen
What does running it manually mean, specifically?
Nilamo,

Manually i meant navigating to python.exe on windows right click and select 'run as administrator'. This would launch python interpreter were in you type and run commands/code. But what i am facing is the interpreter starts when typing i do not see any character in that window.
If you hit the windows key and R, to open the Run dialog, and type "cmd", a command prompt should open. Can you type in that?

If you can, type "python" and hit enter to start the interactive prompt. Can you type in that?
Yes i tried even that but still i do not see any character's neither the ">>>" prompt in the interpreter
So what do you see when you open a command prompt?
Blank screen
Can you maybe share a screenshot? There should be something there, and I have no idea how to help if the console doesn't work.