Python Forum

Full Version: Problems using Kivy in Pycharm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody have experience using Kivy in Pycharm? I'm going through this video tutorial, but when I type "buildozer android debug deploy" in the console, I get this error:

C:\Users\Exsul>buildozer android debug deploy
I Check configuration tokens
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\users\exsul\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", mod_spec)
  File "c:\users\exsul\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "C:\Users\Exsul\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\Scripts\buildozer.exe\__main__.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "c:\users\exsul\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-packages\buildozer\scripts\client.py", line 13, in main
    Buildozer().run_command(sys.argv[1:])
  File "c:\users\exsul\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-packages\buildozer\__init__.py", line 1040, in run_command
    print('Unknown command/target {}'.format(self.translate_target(command, inverse=True)))
AttributeError: 'Buildozer' object has no attribute 'translate_target'
I don't know if this may be the reason, but in any case to build for android you need to be on linux and you are on windows.
You can see also in the video they are on linux.
it's mentioned also in the docs
Quote:Buildozer currently works only in Linux, and is an alpha release, but it already works well and can significantly simplify the apk build.

given that
Quote:Note

Python 3 support on Android is now available experimentally.

it can be simple bug though