Python Forum

Full Version: dclock in python
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ubuntu (at least in 16.04) comes with a program called "dclock" that displays a 4 digit or 6 digit emulation of a 7-segment LED clock, stretchable to any size desired. how hard would it be to implement such a thing in Python? what parts would be more difficult?
(Apr-13-2019, 11:53 PM)Skaperen Wrote: [ -> ]Ubuntu (at least in 16.04) comes with a program called "dclock" that displays a 4 digit or 6 digit emulation of a 7-segment LED clock, stretchable to any size desired. how hard would it be to implement such a thing in Python? what parts would be more difficult?
Hi i found requirements dor dclock

GitHub dclock requirements for python
i hope that one can be resized small or large or fullscreen.
bummer, it would not resize. also it was not 7-segment style like dclock is, though if it could resize, it 7-segment would not be a requirement.
There is an analog and digital clock program in Mark Lutz's Programming Python. A comment in the code says to rescale the font on resize. I think you should be able to implement this part with little effort (see the examples distribution package).