Python Forum

Full Version: Deluge (Python 2.7) on Raspbian with YARSS2 - certificate_transparency error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running out of ideas of where to ask for help with this issue. Not sure if it's allowed here...

I'm trying to set up a headless server with Deluge and YARSS2. I seem to be having what I think is a Python problem? It worked for a bit but when I went to restart, Deluge wouldn't start again. I keep getting this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/bin/deluge-console", line 9, in <module> load_entry_point('deluge==1.3.10', 'console_scripts', 'deluge-console')()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkgresources/init_.py", line 489, in load_entry_point return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkgresources/init_.py", line 2843, in load_entry_point return ep.load()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkgresources/init_.py", line 2434, in load return self.resolve()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkgresources/init.py", line 2440, in resolve module = __import(self.module_name, fromlist=['name_'], level=0)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/console/init.py", line 36, in <module> from main import start
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/console/main.py", line 46, in <module> from deluge.ui.client import client
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/client.py", line 37, in <module> from twisted.internet import reactor, ssl, defer
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/ssl.py", line 59, in <module> from OpenSSL import SSL
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/OpenSSL/init.py", line 8, in <module> from OpenSSL import crypto, SSL
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/OpenSSL/crypto.py", line 12, in <module> from cryptography import x509
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cryptography/x509/init.py", line 7, in <module> from cryptography.x509 import certificate_transparency
ImportError: cannot import name certificate_transparency

I tried installing/updating cryptography with pip but it was already up-to-date. I tried uninstalling/deleting cryptography and reinstalling it. I tried installing python 3. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling deluge and python 2.7 and I'm getting the same error. It could be something stupid obvious that I'm missing, but I've done a few google searches and can't seem to find anything. Any help would be appreciated.