Python Forum

Full Version: Is there any way to convert a python script (with Tkinter module), to a .exe (Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to convert a python script to a standalone executable for Windows, via a Linux distro like Ubuntu?

I've heard about the wine/pyinstaller, but i think that pyinstaller doesn't support gui application. When i use Windows to convert the python script to .exe i use cx_Freeze and works perfectly, but i also copy to the folder some .dll files, what am i supposed to do on Linux to?
(May-12-2019, 10:48 AM)moste Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard about the wine/pyinstaller, but i think that pyinstaller doesn't support gui application.
This is not true,Pyinstaller work fine with GUI application.
(May-12-2019, 10:48 AM)moste Wrote: [ -> ]what am i supposed to do on Linux to?
You use pyinstaller on Windows and Linux,also same code then make executable with building on each platform.
Quote:PyInstaller is tested against Windows, Mac OS X, and GNU/Linux.
However, it is not a cross-compiler: to make a Windows app you run PyInstaller in Windows; to make a GNU/Linux app you run it in GNU/Linux, etc.
In my case pyinstaller doesn't works (maybe because my programm contains both gui and console).

That's my question if there is any way to create an app for Windows while using a Linux machine. Not necessarily with pyinstaller or cx_Freeze.
(May-12-2019, 11:06 AM)moste Wrote: [ -> ]In my case pyinstaller doesn't works (maybe because my programm contains both gui and console).
There should be a way to make that work.
(May-12-2019, 11:06 AM)moste Wrote: [ -> ]That's my question if there is any way to create an app for Windows while using a Linux machine. Not necessarily with pyinstaller or cx_Freeze.
Python is a cross platform language,so yes.
Can make wheel and also share it global with PyPi.
Or just test that .py work on each Platform.
Now talking about that OS has Python installed.

Freezing code the PyInstaller,cx_Freeze and pynsist.
There is Using Wine and Pyinstaller,i would not do that,when i have testes code normal or executable for more platforms i have used VirtualBox.