Python Forum

Full Version: Thread Tagging/upvoting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just saw this post about Pendulum: http://python-forum.io/Thread-Python-Dat...-made-easy
I think it'd be pretty rad if there was a way I could basically say "that's neat" without... actually commenting.  A "like", if you will.  Does anyone else think that'd be worthwhile?
Well, we can rate posts, right? Or is that just an admin feature?
The rating adds to a person's reputation, but I don't think it marks the post in any way.
Ah, I see. That's a bummer. Yeah, I would love to see ratings of some kind of threads. I thought I saw something before, like a 5 star system, but I can't find it now.
Quote:A "like", if you will.  Does anyone else think that'd be worthwhile?
There is actually a plugin I already installed that i was working with to try to get this, but it seemed to not work correctly. 

Quote:Ah, I see. That's a bummer. Yeah, I would love to see ratings of some kind of threads. I thought I saw something before, like a 5 star system, but I can't find it now.
There was but i removed it after doing some research. It doesnt do anything to the thread...but i could re-enable it?
I enabled thread rating...

and the like plugins.....

Its either broken or not sure. All it shows for me is a dot...and no one else can see it. Ill try some other like plugins and see what happens.

EDIT: and the other one breaks the admin panel.
Thread rating is neat. Rating from within the thread, or from the board, is cool, and seeing the ratings of all threads is also cool.

Which one is only a dot for you?
Quote:Which one is only a dot for you?
That was for the like post plugin