Python Forum

Full Version: Build error (Python 3.7)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

I'm trying to build Python version 3.7 with the Intel compilers (2018 version). I'm doing it in CentOS 7 with the source code. The steps I follow are:

export CC=icc
export CXX=icpc
export FC=ifort

./configure --prefix=my_prefix --enable-optimizations --without-gcc
make
make install
And the following error is printed:

Error:
Running code to generate profile data (this can take a while): # First, we need to create a clean build with profile generation # enabled. make profile-gen-stamp make[1]: se ingresa al directorio `/home/python/source/Python-3.7.3' Building with support for profile generation: make build_all_generate_profile make[2]: se ingresa al directorio `/home/python/source/Python-3.7.3' make build_all CFLAGS_NODIST=" -prof-gen" LDFLAGS_NODIST=" -prof-gen" LIBS="-lcrypt -lpthread -ldl -lutil" make[3]: se ingresa al directorio `/home/python/source/Python-3.7.3' icc -pthread -c -Wsign-compare -Wunreachable-code -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -std=c99 -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-cast-function-type -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -fp-model strict -prof-gen -I. -I./Include -DPy_BUILD_CORE -o Programs/python.o ./Programs/python.c icc: command line warning #10006: ignoring unknown option '-Wno-cast-function-type' In file included from ./Include/Python.h(75), from ./Programs/python.c(3): ./Include/pyatomic.h(39): error: identifier "atomic_uintptr_t" is undefined atomic_uintptr_t _value; ^ compilation aborted for ./Programs/python.c (code 2)
Can somebody help me? I have searched but can not find the solution, I do not know if someone else has found this error or someone built Python with Intel.

Thank you.