Python Forum

Full Version: Looking For Good Reference Material
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While not new to programming, I am new to python and tkinter. I have read half a dozen books over the past month and all of them give varying degrees of details. Some too little, some too much. I have managed to cobble a relative grasp of what I am doing from these various books. I did find one book on python that I like - "Python 2.1 Bible." I also found a similar online document entitled "Tkinter 8.4 Reference." I printed that one out, but while it is the same style as the Bible, it doesn't go into anywhere near as much detail.

tl;dr... is there a good printed reference book similar to "Python 2.1 Bible" concerning only Tkinter?
Note that python 2.1 was almost 20 years ago, so this bible is likely to contain only the old testament. About the same age is the book by John E Grayson "Python and Tkinter Programming". It is one of the best references ever written about Tkinter.
lol.. yeah, but I couldn't find a copy of a newer testament :)

I actually have that book ("Python and Tkinter Programming") and yes... it is very good. I was hoping for more of a reference book, though. Sort of like a dictionary or encyclopedia of commands, functions, methods, etc...