Python Forum

Full Version: Scrap text out of td table from URLS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys. Can anyone can help with this simple thing?
I would like to scrape out some text from Urls in python script.
There is tables in urls which can be find by this line
markets = driver.find_elements_by_class_name('match-on')
because it could use Webdriver (chromedriver)
from selenium import webdriver
driver = webdriver.Chrome('')
infos = m.find_elements_by_tag_name('td')
So maybe there is smart people here who could help me just to drag out info from table from specific urls and table where class name is 'match-on' and tag name is td then i would be very thankfull. I know i giving not a lot of info but i don't know much about python. I just know that it will help me to fix my problem..
Thank you guys
could you please tell us the URL scraping may be different from site to site.
You can use the BeautifulSoup package which will do the scraping part and if needed you can use the regex to get only the URL you want
(Aug-02-2019, 01:30 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: [ -> ]could you please tell us the URL scraping may be different from site to site.

It is https://www.oddschecker.com/tennis
If i could just get something to start with then would be amazing. Ive seen guys was using BeautifulSoup but with what to start i don't know.
And in the url there is simple text for example
Name 1 5.7 1.4
Name 2

So i would like to extract everything in format
Name 1 name 2 5.7 1.4
And every line will be new scrape
you can use beautiful soup in combination with selenium, but you need selenium to run the javascript first
This code will get you started:
from selenium import webdriver
from selenium.webdriver.common.by import By
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
import time
import os
import PrettifyPage
import sys

class MatchData:
    def __init__(self):
        # anchor directory same as script
        os.chdir(os.path.abspath(os.path.dirname(__file__)))
        self.pp = PrettifyPage.PrettifyPage()
        self.analyze_page()

def start_browser(self):
        caps = webdriver.DesiredCapabilities().FIREFOX
        caps["marionette"] = True
        self.browser = webdriver.Firefox(capabilities=caps)

def stop_browser(self):
        self.browser.close()

def analyze_page(self):
        self.start_browser()
        self.browser.get('https://www.oddschecker.com/tennis')
        time.sleep(2)
        self.browser.find_element(By.XPATH, '/html/body/div[1]/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div/div[1]/section[2]/div/div/table/tbody/tr[1]/td[1]/a/div/p[1]')
        page = self.browser.page_source
        soup = BeautifulSoup(page, 'lxml')
        table = soup.find('table', {'class': "at-12 standard-list", 'data-ng-init': "MainController.mainNav.hideCouponRows = {};"})
        trs = table.find_all('tr', {'class': "match-on"})
        for n, tr in enumerate(trs):
            tds = tr.find_all('td')
            for n1, td in enumerate(tds):
                print(f"\n================================= tr_{tr}, td_{n1} ================================= ")
                print(f"{self.pp.prettify(td, 2)}")
        self.stop_browser()

if __name__ == '__main__':
    MatchData()
You'll also need this module in same directory (use PrettifyPage.py as script name or it won't work properly)

PrettifyPage.py
# PrettifyPage.py

from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
import requests
import pathlib

class PrettifyPage:
    def __init__(self):
        pass

def prettify(self, soup, indent):
        pretty_soup = str()
        previous_indent = 0
        for line in soup.prettify().split("\n"):
            current_indent = str(line).find("<")
            if current_indent == -1 or current_indent > previous_indent + 2:
                current_indent = previous_indent + 1
            previous_indent = current_indent
            pretty_soup += self.write_new_line(line, current_indent, indent)
        return pretty_soup

def write_new_line(self, line, current_indent, desired_indent):
        new_line = ""
        spaces_to_add = (current_indent * desired_indent) - current_indent
        if spaces_to_add > 0:
            for i in range(spaces_to_add):
                new_line += " "		
        new_line += str(line) + "\n"
        return new_line

if __name__ == '__main__':
    pp = PrettifyPage()
    pfilename = pp.bpath.htmlpath / 'BusinessEntityRecordsAA.html'
    with pfilename.open('rb') as fp:
        page = fp.read()
    soup = BeautifulSoup(page, 'lxml')
    pretty = pp.prettify(soup, indent=2)
    print(pretty)
here's a sample of the output, this is just printing the contents of the found data,
you'll have to extract what you need from that

partial results:
Output:
================================= tr_<tr class="match-on no-top-border" data-day="Today" data-mid="3464826451" data-ng-class="{ 'hide-row' : MainController.mainNav.hideCouponRows['2019-08-0338825577'] }"><td class="time all-odds-click"><div class="time-div beta-caption2 beta-mcaption4"><span class="time-digits beta-caption1 bold betam-caption2">11:30</span></div></td><td class="all-odds-click" colspan="2"><p class="fixtures-bet-name beta-footnote">Gille/Vliegen</p><p class="fixtures-bet-name beta-footnote">Oswald/Polasek</p></td><td class="basket-add" data-best-dig="1.88" data-bid="26247959786" data-track="&amp;lid=card&amp;lpos=basket-add" title="Add Gille/Vliegen to betslip"><p class="participant-name"><span class="odds beta-footnote bold add-to-bet-basket">7/8</span></p></td><td class="basket-add" data-best-dig="2.08" data-bid="26247959787" data-track="&amp;lid=card&amp;lpos=basket-add" title="Add Oswald/Polasek to betslip"><p class="participant-name participant-name-draw"><span class="odds beta-footnote bold add-to-bet-basket">13/12</span></p></td><td class="betting link-right"><a class="beta-callout full-height-link whole-row-link" data-event-name="Gille/Vliegen v Oswald/Polasek" href="/tennis/atp-kitzbuhel/gille-vliegen-v-oswald-polasek/winner" title="View all Gille/Vliegen v Oswald/Polasek odds"><span class="beta-footnote betam-caption2 comp-odds-text">All Odds</span><span class="beta-sprite big-arr right"></span></a></td></tr>, td_0 ================================= <td class="time all-odds-click"> <div class="time-div beta-caption2 beta-mcaption4"> <span class="time-digits beta-caption1 bold betam-caption2"> 11:30 </span> </div> </td> ================================= tr_<tr class="match-on no-top-border" data-day="Today" data-mid="3464826451" data-ng-class="{ 'hide-row' : MainController.mainNav.hideCouponRows['2019-08-0338825577'] }"><td class="time all-odds-click"><div class="time-div beta-caption2 beta-mcaption4"><span class="time-digits beta-caption1 bold betam-caption2">11:30</span></div></td><td class="all-odds-click" colspan="2"><p class="fixtures-bet-name beta-footnote">Gille/Vliegen</p><p class="fixtures-bet-name beta-footnote">Oswald/Polasek</p></td><td class="basket-add" data-best-dig="1.88" data-bid="26247959786" data-track="&amp;lid=card&amp;lpos=basket-add" title="Add Gille/Vliegen to betslip"><p class="participant-name"><span class="odds beta-footnote bold add-to-bet-basket">7/8</span></p></td><td class="basket-add" data-best-dig="2.08" data-bid="26247959787" data-track="&amp;lid=card&amp;lpos=basket-add" title="Add Oswald/Polasek to betslip"><p class="participant-name participant-name-draw"><span class="odds beta-footnote bold add-to-bet-basket">13/12</span></p></td><td class="betting link-right"><a class="beta-callout full-height-link whole-row-link" data-event-name="Gille/Vliegen v Oswald/Polasek" href="/tennis/atp-kitzbuhel/gille-vliegen-v-oswald-polasek/winner" title="View all Gille/Vliegen v Oswald/Polasek odds"><span class="beta-footnote betam-caption2 comp-odds-text">All Odds</span><span class="beta-sprite big-arr right"></span></a></td></tr>, td_1 ================================= <td class="all-odds-click" colspan="2"> <p class="fixtures-bet-name beta-footnote"> Gille/Vliegen </p> <p class="fixtures-bet-name beta-footnote"> Oswald/Polasek </p> </td> ================================= tr_<tr class="match-on no-top-border" data-day="Today" data-mid="3464826451" data-ng-class="{ 'hide-row' : MainController.mainNav.hideCouponRows['2019-08-0338825577'] }"><td class="time all-odds-click"><div class="time-div beta-caption2 beta-mcaption4"><span class="time-digits beta-caption1 bold betam-caption2">11:30</span></div></td><td class="all-odds-click" colspan="2"><p class="fixtures-bet-name beta-footnote">Gille/Vliegen</p><p class="fixtures-bet-name beta-footnote">Oswald/Polasek</p></td><td class="basket-add" data-best-dig="1.88" data-bid="26247959786" data-track="&amp;lid=card&amp;lpos=basket-add" title="Add Gille/Vliegen to betslip"><p class="participant-name"><span class="odds beta-footnote bold add-to-bet-basket">7/8</span></p></td><td class="basket-add" data-best-dig="2.08" data-bid="26247959787" data-track="&amp;lid=card&amp;lpos=basket-add" title="Add Oswald/Polasek to betslip"><p class="participant-name participant-name-draw"><span class="odds beta-footnote bold add-to-bet-basket">13/12</span></p></td><td class="betting link-right"><a class="beta-callout full-height-link whole-row-link" data-event-name="Gille/Vliegen v Oswald/Polasek" href="/tennis/atp-kitzbuhel/gille-vliegen-v-oswald-polasek/winner" title="View all Gille/Vliegen v Oswald/Polasek odds"><span class="beta-footnote betam-caption2 comp-odds-text">All Odds</span><span class="beta-sprite big-arr right"></span></a></td></tr>, td_2 ================================= <td class="basket-add" data-best-dig="1.88" data-bid="26247959786" data-track="&amp;lid=card&amp;lpos=basket-add" title="Add Gille/Vliegen to betslip"> <p class="participant-name"> <span class="odds beta-footnote bold add-to-bet-basket"> 7/8 </span> </p> </td>