Python Forum

Full Version: IDLE not responding (Mac)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys!

As a newbie in Python and coding in general, I have been having the same problem with IDLE (Python3.7.4 on MacOS Mojave 10.14.5). The window does not come back after I minimize it to dock no matter if I typed anything on the shell or not, and I end up having to quit it losing the data I have put in there if I have done some exercises. Similarly, when I enter full screen on IDLE, I cannot get out of it again causing me to quit the app altogether.

Does anyone know if this is a known bug that can be fixed, or my fault somehow? And do you suggest any other beginner-friendly IDEs to work with the NLP w/ Python by O'Reilly. Thanks a bunch!
Idle is delivered with python, but sorry to say that it is not a very good 'IDE' more like a simple editor actually.
There are some very good free IDE's available. If you download one I'm sure you will be glad that you did. You can find many available, and an IDE is rather personal, so you might want to try a few.
I would recommend VSCode, which works on any platform. Getting started is easy with this tutorial: https://python-forum.io/Thread-VS-Code-f...ght=VSCode