Python Forum

Full Version: Super easy for you, not so much for me...just simple install all users etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here I am trying to learn Python for a small project I have for work. I am wanting to learn more about Python, but am in a bit of a crunch now and need more direct help.

I have Python coded and ready. I just am having a bit of a tussle to get it deployed correctly. I am wanting to do a simple speedtest. I have the cli and have tested all on 1 machine, but I am failing when it comes to getting it deployed onto machines.

I am wanting to install for all users (many of our users on these machines I am deploying on move around) I am wanting to silently install, and to a Certain Directory. C:\bc

This shouldn't be very difficult.

I have tried:

/quiet TargetDir=c:\bc Include_launcher=1 Include_pip=1

/quiet InstallAllUsers=1 Include_launcher=1 Include_pip=1 TargetDir=C:\bc

None of these install for all users, nor does it install in that directory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hi!

I am a newbie too! I also wanted to install it in a specific directory as I wanted to keep the little free space left on my default disk drive, but it gave me lots of headaches trying to make the appropriate paths to make it work and it didn't.

So, I advise you to do the same I did:

1) Install it in the directory given to you by default. It is usually in the main disk drive (if you have the disk drive partitioned from the shop when you bought the computer) and it would not be very difficult to install it following the instructions the program gives to you on the screen.

2) To install it for all users, again, just follow the instructions given to you on the screen by the program. It asks you if you want it installed for all the users or not.

I hope this could help you.

newbieAuggie2019