Python Forum

Full Version: Output of Python code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what is the output of the following code in Python 3.x environment?

x = "abcdef"
i = "i"
while i in x:
print(i, end=" ")

Options:
1. abcdef
2. Error
3. a b c d e f
4. No Output
(Sep-13-2019, 10:44 AM)hemal07yc Wrote: [ -> ]what is the output of the following code in Python 3.x environment?

x = "abcdef"
i = "i"
while i in x:
print(i, end=" ")

Options:
1. abcdef
2. Error
3. a b c d e f
4. No Output

Sorry, but that seems to be a very easy exercise, that you don't seem to have even tried to work it out.

All the best,
I Didn't get any output
According to me, answer should be "No Output"

Kindly confirm that it is correct or not.

Thanking you in advance..
(Sep-13-2019, 10:57 AM)hemal07yc Wrote: [ -> ]I Didn't get any output

So you have an answer.

However, if you are wondering why there is no output: there is no letter 'i' in x ('abcdef') so while loop is never executed as condition is false.

If you are adventurous you can write i = 'a' and observe what will happen (warning: you will enter endless loop, to break it press ctrl + c)
According to me, answer should be "No Output"

Kindly confirm that it is correct or not.

Thanking you in advance..

Okay, that's better...

Nevertheless, there must be an indentation (four spaces) for print, otherwise it produces an
Error:
expected an indented block error
The correct code should be:
x = "abcdef"
i = "i"
while i in x:
    print(i, end=" ")
And if you run it, nothing happens because:
1. If there were an 'i' in the string "x" ('abcdef'), then "i" would be printed. As it is not the case, nothing is printed. That explains the whole exercise, as nothing is printed; therefore the solution is number 4. No Output.

All the best,

(Sep-13-2019, 11:09 AM)perfringo Wrote: [ -> ]

So you have an answer.

However, if you are wondering why there is no output: there is no letter 'i' in x ('abcdef') so while loop is never executed as condition is false.

If you are adventurous you can write i = 'a' and observe what will happen (warning: you will enter endless loop, to break it press ctrl + c)

Oops! It seems that I posted just after you! Sorry! Blush
(Sep-13-2019, 11:10 AM)newbieAuggie2019 Wrote: [ -> ]Oops! It seems that I posted just after you! Sorry! Blush

At some point we are all have been ninja'd Big Grin