Python Forum

Full Version: Does PrettyTable store outside of program?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using PrettyTable to make a graph and I'm getting some strange Tracebacks.

Does this library (?) store data outside the program such that when I run the program anew, it may be using values from a previous run?

If so then is there a "clear" command I should include at the top of the program to prevent that from messing things up?
(Oct-18-2019, 04:53 PM)Mark17 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using PrettyTable to make a graph and I'm getting some strange Tracebacks.
Post code with Tracebacks.
Are you talking about PrettyTable?
It's not developed(2013) anymore.
tabulate is better and more updated,but i don't know why mention graph as that's not what these tool do.
(Oct-18-2019, 07:48 PM)snippsat Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct-18-2019, 04:53 PM)Mark17 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using PrettyTable to make a graph and I'm getting some strange Tracebacks.
Post code with Tracebacks.
Are you talking about PrettyTable?
It's not developed(2013) anymore.
tabulate is better and more updated,but i don't know why mention graph as that's not what these tool do.

Sorry I meant table, not graph.

And much of that Traceback stuff I saw was user error because I unknowingly had some debugging lines in there that were still active.

Now that I think they're cleaned up, it still doesn't work but if it's no longer supported then I guess it's bad practice to be using it? That's frustrating since I've been working on it for about three hours.

Ah the trials and tribulations of being a noob...

By the way, is there a way of deleting threads on here? This is twice now that I've posted something, realized my ignorance, and wanted to delete but the only thing I see is the ability to mark as solved.
(Oct-18-2019, 08:14 PM)Mark17 Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, is there a way of deleting threads on here?
No,we have strict police about that.
Just leave it and it soon go backwards Wink
Another module to consider is texttable (see in pypi). I haven't tried it but it is bundled in the Ubuntu distribution, so it must have some quality.
(Oct-18-2019, 08:34 PM)snippsat Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct-18-2019, 08:14 PM)Mark17 Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, is there a way of deleting threads on here?
No,we have strict police about that.
Just leave it and it soon go backwards Wink

Sounds good!