Python Forum

Full Version: Remote SQL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am new to servers, SQL and networks, I was wondering I have linux server with ubuntu, working django website.

Edit: I'm not talking about web login system, I'm talking about software login system

I want to know if there's a login system in a python program, how can we connect the python program login system to the server to sql database? What ports should be allowed to server, how does the process work? Should I use ftp? connect and read sql database? Is there a more secure way? Possibly with PostgreSQL, ubuntu is 18.10, python 3.7.5

Even links with tutorials or documentation would be awesome.

Thanks.
there are a bunch or Django tutorials on YouTube, perhaps one will suit your needs.
As an alternative, I would highly suggest using Flask with Bootstrap and flask-sqlalchemy, and
the most excellent video course by Miguel Grinberg (Flask Mega Tutorial - Upgraded version):https://courses.miguelgrinberg.com/p/flask-mega-tutorial.
If you don't want to pay the $39 for the new tutorial, the old one is free and available on YouTube.
I will take a look, thanks.
In general, when making use of a database, you use a library that abstracts away the connection and performing operations on it. For example, for PostgreSQL, there's psycopg2.