Python Forum

Full Version: Best GUI solution for embedded Chrome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm new in Python, can you please help me with embedding Chrome into unresizable GUI window (Windows 7/10/2012R2 x64).

I did this on CEFPython+wxPython+Pyinstaller - it works fine, but CEFPython uses very old Chromium engine, so JS on my web page doesn't work properly.
Could you please advise me if there's another way to do this?

I looked into Eel, but it seems very simple in terms of window controls management (borders/buttons), even window size is not set correctly.

Thanks in advance.
'Best' is user relative.
I suggest you try what's available here: https://pypi.org/search/?q=%27chrome+browser%27
and make your own decision as to which is best from your situation.
So are you saying you want to embed the Chrome application into your Window Application rather than just launching Chrome in its own window?

If this is correct then you should be able to use just about any language to interface with the Chrome APIs as they have been designed but I would check the documentation on Chrome about this more than anything else.
Thank you Denni and Larz60+,

yesterday I checked the link provided by Larz60+ and made my app on PyQt5 with QWebEngineView - it seems to be working now.

Denni, AFAIK it's not allowed to hide window controls (close/minimize/maximize buttons) in Chrome. May be I'm wrong but I didn't find the solution for this, that's why I try to embed Chrome in the window app.
(Nov-13-2019, 11:13 AM)Ximera Wrote: [ -> ]AFAIK it's not allowed to hide window controls (close/minimize/maximize buttons) in Chrome. May be I'm wrong but I didn't find the solution for this, that's why I try to embed Chrome in the window app.

If you use fullscreen, there are no buttons.