Python Forum

Full Version: [split] VS Code Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello is there any way of cleaning up the terminal i would like to see just the hate how it shows every last folder and sub folder leading to the PY. files
Not quite sure what you're asking, but right click-->clear will clear the screen.
Below is terminal from VISUAL and PYCHARM i would like the visual to look as simple and short as Paycharm

this is the terminal in visual studio :

Windows PowerShell
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Try the new cross-platform PowerShell https://aka.ms/pscore6

PS C:\Users\Ozz.llc\Desktop\PYTHON> & C:/Users/Ozz.llc/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python38/python.exe c:/Users/Ozz.llc/Desktop/PYTHON/random.py
hello there world
PS C:\Users\Ozz.llc\Desktop\PYTHON>

AND THIS IS PYCHARM:

C:\Users\Ozz.llc\PycharmProjects\first\venv\Scripts\python.exe C:/Users/Ozz.llc/PycharmProjects/first/app.py
hello world from Pycharm

Process finished with exit code 0
Visual is not PYCharm and Vice Versa.
Both have their good and bad qualities.
I have used both and opt for VSCode.
It seems to me that this is question about terminal settings. Please read VS Code documentation: Integrated Terminal
You have long path both to where python is installed and where you run code from.
But dos it rellay matter as you are not typing that it's only VS Code that show the executing command.
In PyCharm example you are running from a virtual environment,so that's not same.

Example for me is quite short as a have shorter paths.
C:/Python37/python.exe e:/div_code/scrape/cnn.py
Here a image i used before,the output is generated automatic when i push run button as i use Code Runner.
[Image: 6qb2Hb.png]