Python Forum

Full Version: promises, promises
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody,
Newbie here.

So, they told me that there are thousands of python programs available. Can't find nothing. Not even things like "program that calculate the area of a rectangle". Nothing. Where are they?

Python repositories: I thought that those where places where one can upload code (text to copy/paste and use).
For instance, I have just write a simple (but eventually useful for someone) program. I want to uploaded it in a repository so anyone can use it. Can't find where.

Many thanks!
You can make repositories for free at github, bitbucket, sourceforge, and lots of others.
(Dec-01-2019, 10:09 PM)gpythonc Wrote: [ -> ]So, they told me that there are thousands of python programs available. Can't find nothing. Not even things like "program that calculate the area of a rectangle". Nothing. Where are they?
Are you trolling? I Googled "python calculate the area of a rectangle" and the first two results were exactly what you're asking for.
The python package index (pypi) has many packages: https://pypi.org/
You can use the website, but most (all?) of the time you want to use one, you'll install it through pip (which is python's package manager).