Python Forum

Full Version: Blending calculator from final product
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,
I was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice on this as I've gotten a little stuck. I'm a novice with Python so this is a bit new to me.

I'm looking to make a blending calculator for products. Basically want to input a final product with 4 specific variables (color, size, fat percentage, etc) and see if it is possible to produce this from an existing stock of 5 products. I do not need optimized costs, or parameters, only a function that will say yes it is possible you can blend 20 percent product 1, 30 percent product 2, and 50 percent product 3 to produce the desired new product.

I used this https://pythonhosted.org/PuLP/CaseStudie...oblem.html for a good start but it is seeking to minimize costs and I simply need to see if a solution exists for the final product and got a bit stuck in the process. Is there a way to modify it from optimizing minimum cost to simply outputting CAN this solution exist and here are the percentages necessary?