Python Forum

Full Version: stale element reference
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello,

i am trying to login to a suppliers webpage by a selenium script
i use python and chromedriver

i run into following error since 2days and doesnt come to a solution

Error:
selenium.common.exceptions.StaleElementReferenceException: Message: stale element reference: element is not attached to the page document (Session info: chrome=79.0.3945.88)
the relevant code:
    username = driver.find_element_by_xpath('''//*[@id="UserName"]''')
    print(username)
    password = driver.find_element_by_xpath('''//*[@id="Password"]''')
    print(password)
    knop = driver.find_element_by_class_name("btn-login")
    print(knop)

pyperclip.copy('[email protected]')
    username.click()
    username.send_keys(Keys.CONTROL, 'v')
    #password.clear()
    password.send_keys('XXXXXXX')
    knop.submit()
the problem is that the supplier changes the class names as soon as you are typing 1 letter into the textboxes

the website login snippet:
Error:
<div class="form-holder"> <form action="/profile/login?returnurl=https%3a%2f%2fwww.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com%2f" class="form form-login" method="post" novalidate="novalidate"><input name="__RequestVerificationToken" type="hidden" value="K7gZc26iNJ9BUMXOzCD6kxcEcZERpbvX1MvRCrsu9MzsGEZaA8jMJpAcyrOnFN4gyLwf39-eKIDU4bjnF2EVlA-772Q1"> <div class="form-row row-username row-error"> <div class="control"> <div class="label"><label class="lbl" for="UserName">E-mail address*</label></div> <div class="field"> <div class="tbx"> <input data-val="true" data-val-length="E-mail address cannot be longer than 80 characters." data-val-length-max="80" data-val-regex="E-mail address is invalid." data-val-regex-pattern="^\s*(((?!\.)[a-zA-Z0-9_\-\.]+)@([a-zA-Z0-9\-]+\.)+([a-zA-Z]{2,}))\s*$" data-val-required="E-mail address is required." id="UserName" maxlength="80" name="UserName" type="email" value="" class="input-validation-error" aria-describedby="UserName-error" aria-invalid="true"> </div> </div> </div> <div class="validation"><span class="field-validation-error" data-valmsg-for="UserName" data-valmsg-replace="true"><span id="UserName-error" class="">E-mail address is invalid.</span></span></div> </div> <div class="form-row row-password"> <div class="control"> <div class="label"><label class="lbl" for="Password">Password*</label></div> <div class="field"> <div class="tbx"> <input autocomplete="off" data-val="true" data-val-length="Password cannot be longer than 30 characters." data-val-length-max="30" data-val-required="Password is required." id="Password" maxlength="30" name="Password" type="password" value=""> </div></div> </div> <div class="validation"><span class="field-validation-valid" data-valmsg-for="Password" data-valmsg-replace="true"></span></div> </div> <div class="form-row row-actions"> <span class="forgot-password"><a href="/profile/forgotpassword" tabindex="-1">Forgot password</a></span> <span class="remember-me"><label> <span class="chb"> <input type="checkbox" name="RememberMe" id="RememberMe" value="true"> <ins><!--ins right after input[type="checkbox"] to fix iOS bug--></ins> <input type="hidden" name="RememberMe" value="false"> </span> </label> <label for="RememberMe">Remember me</label></span> <button class="btn btn-medium btn-login" title="" type="submit"> <span class="btn-cnt">Login</span> </button> </div> </form></div>
i tried several things
-sendkeys
-click the element first
-implement a wait
-copy paste my text into the textbox

does anybody can help me with this issue?

ps:
i do not like to print the website of my supplier online in a forum, i can send you my code and the website login link in a pm message if you are willing to help me
uuuughhhhh, finaly

i was able to make an solution to this one
i learned more about X-path and his posibillities

finaly a verry small change made my solution
username = driver.find_element_by_xpath('''//input[@id="UserName"]''')
    print(username)
    password = driver.find_element_by_xpath('''//input[@id="Password"]''')
thanks for your help anyway guys ....