Python Forum

Full Version: which is the best library to create a simple web browser?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is tkinter good for this task?
I am making a gui on tkinter and I want to display a google map in it which displays some coordinates sent to it by gps
Yes, it's fine for that, you would draw the map on a canvas widget
google 'tkinter tutorial python 3' for a list of available tutorials.
It all depends on your level of comfortability Tkinter, PySide2, PyQt5 WxPython are all solid options and in my experience all require a measure of getting to know. They basically do the same thing as they are all based on python the question should not be what can I get by with but what can I grow into and which would be the best in the long run -- because generally whatever you start learning will be the one you will tend to gravitate to and as such you want to gravitate to the one that gives you most.
Thank you everyone for their inputs.

(Jan-08-2020, 11:54 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it's fine for that, you would draw the map on a canvas widget google 'tkinter tutorial python 3' for a list of available tutorials.

google map obtained is not an image but an html page, i looked into canvas as you asked but there you can display a image not no option to show a html page.If I am missing, can you help me with that?