Python Forum

Full Version: most interesting or useful modules?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wondering what you guys consider the most interesting and useful python modules. I like modules that provide tangible results for common tasks and may have various use cases... such as tkinter, pyodbc, pygal, stuff like that, where it's easy to get your feet wet.

Trying to expand my familiarity and play around with new useful modules.

Thank you in advance.
You can see the top 100 downloaded python 3rd party libs here. Many places show similar lists.

Out of these i would point out as common is pip, requests, numpy, pandas, flask, scipy, pillow, matplotlib, beautifulsoup4 (bs4), selenium, twisted, pygame, django, etc.

What library you use depends on what you are doing. Every one of these libraries produces results. If you search read the docs INSERT_LIBRARY_NAME_HERE...all popular libraries has decent documentation and a lot of fan tutorials across the web.
Thanks for the link and suggestions!
I'm familiar with pip, requests, and flask... I will have to check out the others.
Toolz is a useful library.
Also look at Awesome Python and Awesomo.

If i should pick 2 medium size project that dos a lot of stuff right.
Pendulum | TextBlob.
Look at Documentation, code Github, ease of use(and installation).
These two are star examples of doing Python project the right way.
Getting data from web pages could be a quite annoying task. I put on first place everything related to web scraping.
I'm a sys admin and really just code as a hobby and to automate some stuff at work... so I haven't really explored or realized the benefits of web scraping, but it seems to be a pretty popular topic.. I'll have to check it out.
It's a real deal. For example. We have 240 people in our parliament and you can't get a list of their emails. There is no such document. So you have to open every person's web page and copy and paste what you need. It takes time. A small script is doing this in less than six seconds and save all data in csv and json files for further processing.