Python Forum

Full Version: connecting to the spreadsheet object inside multiple enterprise software apps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey you guys,

I need some help with this. I was recently contacted by a small business that needs a common sense solution. they want to put tablets in the hands of their workers who are doing the cleaning at the complexes they visit. they are unhappy with what they have now, because it came from a large corporation, which doesn't surprise me. But what I want to know from you experts is, can i use python in a manner like this, which would require it to facilitate the communication between tablet devices and the company's server, thus allowing the company owner sitting in his office at their headquarters to get the information immediately and send out invoices appropriately? I believe they use quickbooks as their accounting software. so does python also have the ability to connect to the universal spreadsheet object that's used by so many platforms? I would assume so, considering that a spreadsheet is just a matrix in terms of layout. thanks guys!

Adam