Python Forum

Full Version: Not able to figure out how to create bar plot on aggregate data - Python
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have been trying to use a series that I have got using aggregate function and plot a bar plot but not able to get it. I have quickly got the correct aggregate function, but not able to identify how to get x and y axis for plotting bar plot.

DataFrame is fab1:
indicator has only 0 and 1 values
Objective - **to get a bar plot**
x axis :- periods (1,2,3,4)
y axis :- counts of 0 and 1 for each of the periods. So, a total of 8 bar lines should come

Aggregate function used by me and result:

c1=fab1.groupby(['period','indicator'])['indicator'].count()
    c1
Result is:this one is the correct result. Third column is the count of 0 and 1 for a specific period (column 1). How to build the bar plot/histogram?

Output:
period indicator 1 0 61 1 19 2 0 68 1 14 3 0 64 1 18 4 0 53 1 27 Name: indicator, dtype: int64
Now I want to use use the bar plot function to complete my objective, getting stuck. please help me

Raw dataset- few rows

period indicator

0 1 0

1 1 0

2 1 0

3 1 0

4 1 0

5 1 0

6 1 0

7 1 0

8 1 0

9 1 0
.... around 350 observations

just to add that below code gives me output, but how to make customised bar plot.
fab1.groupby(['period','indicator'])['indicator'].count().plot(kind='bar')
Suggest using matplotlib. It is probably the most common python graphing library. The part on histograms is here. You organize your data into bins and then plot the histogram.