Python Forum

Full Version: Selenium cant get elements from HTML(Rookie)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there

I hope everyone having a great quarantine

Sorry if im breaking any rules my first thread in this forum.. so my apologises.

I been playing a bit with selenium and i install version 3.14 and the chrome driver but i been having issues getting the elements and the same type of error been showing up.

buttonName = self.driver.find_element_by_xpath('//button[@type="submit"]')\
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/remote/webdriver.py", line 394, in find_element_by_xpath
    return self.find_element(by=By.XPATH, value=xpath)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/remote/webdriver.py", line 976, in find_element
    return self.execute(Command.FIND_ELEMENT, {
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/remote/webdriver.py", line 321, in execute
    self.error_handler.check_response(response)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/remote/errorhandler.py", line 242, in check_response
    raise exception_class(message, screen, stacktrace)
selenium.common.exceptions.NoSuchElementException: Message: no such element: Unable to locate element: {"method":"xpath","selector":"//button[@type="submit"]"}
  (Session info: chrome=80.0.3987.149)
I have been trying to get an element by Xpath, ID anything.. nothing seen to work can someone help me out??

Much appreciate it
i can't make any sense out of this.
Please post
  • URL you are trying to scrape
  • Object you are trying to scrape