Python Forum

Full Version: Python Returns Hexadecimal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Within Python Simpy library, you have Resources that can be used by Processes, and at any point in time there may be Processes queuing to use a particular Resource (they have to wait until it is free).

The good news is, there is a command which lets you know what Process is using a Resource at any point in time. (t1.users if the Resource variable name is "t1", for those interested, though not really of relevance.)

The bad news is, you get a return similar to the one below. I think it is a hexadecimal?? What makes the news even worse, is that this number will change everytime you run the exact same script. It is like it is directing me to a memory location or something alike. Whatever it is, it is of zero use. Does anyone have any experience with the below returned information?

<Request() object at 0x1ea08ec1b38>

I've included more attempts of getting some more useful information from this return below.

INPUT

print(t1.users, "\n")
print(len(t1.users), "\n")
print(t1.users[0], "\n")
print(id(t1.users), "\n")
print(type(t1.users), "\n")
print(dir(t1.users), "\n")
print(callable(t1.users), "\n")
print(list(t1.users), "\n")

OUTPUT

[<Request() object at 0x1ea08ec1518>]

<Request() object at 0x1ea08ec1518>

<class 'list'>

['__add__', '__class__', '__contains__', '__delattr__', '__delitem__', '__dir__', '__doc__', '__eq__', '__format__', '__ge__', '__getattribute__', '__getitem__', '__gt__', '__hash__', '__iadd__', '__imul__', '__init__', '__init_subclass__', '__iter__', '__le__', '__len__', '__lt__', '__mul__', '__ne__', '__new__', '__reduce__', '__reduce_ex__', '__repr__', '__reversed__', '__rmul__', '__setattr__', '__setitem__', '__sizeof__', '__str__', '__subclasshook__', 'append', 'clear', 'copy', 'count', 'extend', 'index', 'insert', 'pop', 'remove', 'reverse', 'sort']

False

[<Request() object at 0x1ea08ec1518>]
Please, take time to read forum rules and follow them. Use BBCode tags.