Python Forum

Full Version: where can i post beginer questions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am just starting to teach myself python i am also taking courses on udemy
but i do not want to post questions on here that are just going to annoy and
get closed before i get a proper answer so if anyone could let me know where
i could go to "ask questions" and "get answers" to elementary questions until
i get comfortable with the code that would be awesome.
Welcome to Python and the forums!
There are people of all levels and backgrounds posting questions on this forum, and all are welcome.
What you described sounds much like Stack Overflow culture. We don't have that here, and we don't get annoyed by (or close) genuine questions by Python learners.
Make sure to read help docs, all you need to know about posting is noted there. Happy learning!
Do what I do...

Post in Homework section.
(Jun-10-2020, 04:29 AM)millpond Wrote: [ -> ]Do what I do...

Post in Homework section.
The homework section is mainly only for homework. The description says it all
Quote:For students who are taking a programming course, may be restricted in what they can use, or have other unusual limitations on solving their task.

Our forum structure help doc shows more detailed information about each forum to help people on where to post.
Your question matters on what topic your program is about.
  • If it's a general question about your code - General Coding Help
  • If it's homework assigned by your instructor or course you take - Homework
  • If it's machine learning, neural networks, and most things involving pandas, NumPy and similar modules - Data Science
  • If you need help with GUIs - GUI
  • If its network-related - Networking
  • If its web scraping or web development related questions - Web Scraping & Web Development
These are the basic section you will need to post questions about your code. You can go through the other sections to know more about what type of questions are posted there
So if I have a question about how a piece of code works or just how to get a simple piece of code to work would I not go to general questions?
Keep in mind I will be asking questions on a novice level nothing major or on any particular subject just basic python ABC’s.
(Jun-24-2020, 03:30 AM)gr3yali3n Wrote: [ -> ]if I have a question about how a piece of code works or just how to get a simple piece of code to work would I not go to general questions?
As explained as long as it's not homework assignment - post it in General coding help or if it's a domain specific like webscraping or GUI related or game creation - post it in relevant section.
If it's a homework - in Homework section