Python Forum

Full Version: Why don't my reps show up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On several threads, I see an indication as to who has given a post a Rep (thumb up) in the lower left corner of that post.

I got an excellent answer to a question I asked about graphing and plotting. I clicked on the Rep button and entered a comment. But I don't see any indication that I did that. I then clicked the Like button and immediately saw that I liked that thread. Are likes shown but not reps?
Reputation and likes are different things.

As a general advise - take time to familiarize with forum help/rules. It's obvious you didn't do that so far.
(Apr-22-2020, 01:51 PM)buran Wrote: [ -> ]It's obvious you didn't do that so far.

Not everything that is obvious to one person is also accurate. I did read many of the Help topics and I specifically read the ones on Reps and Likes. Unless I am blind, I didn't see anything that said that Likes are displayed and Reps are not.

What is especially confusing is that both the Rep and Like buttons have the same Thump Up icon. I don't think it is especially clueless or lazy to get the impression that they will both show up on the post.

Finally, the absence of any indication that I have already given a Rep on a post leaves me wondering whether I have or not, especially since you limit the number I can give. If I reach my limit on one day, I may want to come back later and give a well-deserved rep that I could not at the time. Not having any indication leaves it up to me to keep track.

Is anything any less obvious to you now?
One intuitive way is to click on person's reputation to see who, when and for which post gave reputation (you may see optional comment as well). So if you return to thread and don't remember whether you gave reputation or not just check it.
(Apr-22-2020, 02:47 PM)perfringo Wrote: [ -> ]One intuitive way is to click on person's reputation to see who, when and for which post gave reputation (you may see optional comment as well). So if you return to thread and don't remember whether you gave reputation or not just check it.

That sounds like a reasonable work-around. Thanks.
(Apr-22-2020, 02:30 PM)CynthiaMoore Wrote: [ -> ]both the Rep and Like buttons have the same Thump Up icon
the like plugin uses the same image as the reputation. Without modifying the code, there is not much to do.