Python Forum

Full Version: Undo (Ctrl+z) doesn't work on highlighting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Undo function (Ctrl+z on my Windows machine) works most of the time, but doesn't seem to work to undo highlighting.

If I select a word, like "bold" and then click the Bold icon or type Ctrl+b, that word gets surrounded by the bold callouts, but Undo will not remove them. I have to manually delete them.

Am I doing something wrong?
(Apr-22-2020, 03:00 PM)CynthiaMoore Wrote: [ -> ]Am I doing something wrong?
no. everything works as expected
(Apr-22-2020, 03:02 PM)buran Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr-22-2020, 03:00 PM)CynthiaMoore Wrote: [ -> ]Am I doing something wrong?
no. everything works as expected
As expected by who?

Are you saying that Undo is only supposed to undo some things and not others?
Its just the way MyBB editor is.
(Apr-22-2020, 04:19 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]ts just he MyBB editor.
technically it's ckeditor Wink
oh yeah i forgot we modified the editor. The editor has some quirks OP, but it was changed to fixed other issues that were deemed more important.
(Apr-22-2020, 04:23 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]oh yeah i forgot we modified the editor. The editor has some quirks OP, but it was changed to fixed other issues that were deemed more important.

ok
(Apr-22-2020, 04:22 PM)buran Wrote: [ -> ]technically it's ckeditor Wink
To be more specific it's Rin Editor
It's of course Powered by CKEditor underneath.

Then we have made many of changes to Rin Editor to.
I took some days to figure how to get rid of WYSIWYG mode Hand
The WYSIWYG mode is one of the big features of CKEditor,but it caused us a lot trouble like
lost indentation on copy into code forum and hidden tags like if copy from PyCharm or other Editor the has that hidden feature build in.
# PyCharm copy before
[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=small][font=InputMono][color=#000080][b]while True[/b][/color]:

# Should just be,as it always is now 
while True:
(Apr-25-2020, 12:01 AM)snippsat Wrote: [ -> ]I took some days to figure how to get rid of WYSIWYG mode Hand
The WYSIWYG mode is one of the big features of CKEditor,but it caused us a lot trouble
Yeah, I remember now... the WYSIWYG...