Python Forum

Full Version: Expose chrome extension buttons to Python
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody knows how to expose chrome extension button and functionality to python code?

I have a PID of active chrome window and need to activate extension from Python code.
you should use selenium to activate (click) the button.
see the web scraping tutorials on this forum, you can run through them quickly to get the basics you need.
Pay particular attention to the sections on selenium.
web scraping part 1
web scraping part 2
(May-12-2020, 06:17 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: [ -> ]you should use selenium to activate (click) the button.
see the web scraping tutorials on this forum, you can run through them quickly to get the basics you need.
Pay particular attention to the sections on selenium.
web scraping part 1
web scraping part 2

Thank you for suggestions. But that is not what I am looking for at the moment. Selenium does not have access to control Chrome extensions. Extension buttons aren't rendered by html. All you can do and must with Selenium is only to load the extension into webdriver.

What I was looking for is the possibility to somehow manipulate some extension functionality from Python code which requires to figure out a work around.