Python Forum

Full Version: Using Python variable with SurveyMonkey API
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am pulling down Survey Monkey Data via Python and inserting it into a SQL Server database via an SSIS task and am running into problems with pagination. I am new to both Python and the Survey Monkey Api but have got this working for 1 page. Where I am getting stuck is dealing with multiple pages. In short, I want to create a python variable with the maximum number of pages and use this in a loop to bring down all of the pages. Let me give you an example

When I query the data I have pulled into SQL with openjson, I get the following indicating there are 9 pages in this Survey

Key Value
data json string
per_page 50
page 1
total 406
links separate link for each page
I need to create a variable, likely math.ceil to round up total/50 (In this case, 406/50) to get the maximum number of pages (9). I then need to use this variable in my script below

SURVEY_LIST_ENDPOINT = "/v3/surveys?page=2"
cursor = conn.cursor()
cursor.execute("Insert Into JsonImport (json) values (?)", (json.dumps(response_json),))
conn.commit()
Format Json and insert into new SQL Table
Truncate JsonImport Table
This works when I hard code the number 2 for the page but I don't seem to be able to use a variable. Also, I am not sure how I would put this into a While loop (While page (variable <= totalpages) loop ). Any direction would be appreciated. I just want to get all of the pages from this Survey into the database without having to manually run this for each page in the Survey