Python Forum

Full Version: Image recognition technique.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I’m relatively new to python and I want to make a simple AI to do one task for me.
I have 5 folders, each with a couple of hundred images in them. I want to feed one image to the AI and ask it to find the name of the folder it is in. Kind of like google images work, but on a much smaller level, just searching in these 5 folders. What’s the best way of doing this in your opinion? Maybe it’s already been done before and you’d be kinf enough to share the backbone of the code... thanks!
I have recently done a project that is quite similar to yours.I had pictures of animals in 10 different folders and I classified them into their respective categories(folder name).Note that each folder should just contain one type of class and if that's not possible you can at least make sure a particular kind of image has similar name.This topic is much broader to cover in this reply so Here is the link to the article Image Recognition for you to understand better

Are you referring to object detecction.No that is something different