Python Forum

Full Version: Installing Error - Python 2.7.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi hi!

I'm trying to teach myself python using a somewhat outdated book. Im just going through it to get a handle on some of the basics but this book in particular requires Python version 2.7.8. I have followed the installation instructions but I am receiving an error message: "The installer could not install the software because there was no software found to install".

I have not been able to find a solution to this error message online.

I am running Mac OS High Sierra.

I have seen online that some are suggesting to install specifically using the python installer, and ensuring that the python installer is used by right clicking and manually selecting it. I have already done this as well.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Python 2.7 is no longer supported so I am curious why you would be trying to learn python with outdated material and writing methods?
You should be attempting to learn Python 3.x
  • Python 2 isn't supported anymore, please install python 3
  • Even if you are trying to install python 2, it might be the version of your macOS which results in an error - you are still using High sierra. Check your system for updates