Python Forum

Full Version: Assistance with a Python Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am an Ex Service Veteran and an Aged Pensioner, 86 years of Age. I am a bit too old to start learning how to use Python, which, I have been advised is what I need for this task.
I have a Special Voluntary Project, of 12 years, which benefits Fellow Veterans and I have a small job that I need done, but due to my circumstances, I am unable to afford to pay out money, that I have not got, nor have access to.
Is there anyone on this Forum, or Known, with Python Experience, who has a bit of time on their hands and who would happily write a Small Python Script that can,in Brief, Select a [b]Service Number [/b]from the Field "ServID" located in an Excel File, and Evaluate specific info on a Identified Website, and write the Evaluated Answer "Y" to the Field "NAA" in the same Excel File. This is a s much as I am able to provide here.
If someone is at all interested in helping me with this Task, I can provide a Document that I have prepared, with the Full Details and Samples, of what I need.
I cannot see provision for Uploading a Document attachment anywhere on this Page.
This may have to be done by Email Attachment, further along the track.
Thank You
Service Number is very private, to a veteran, it's like social security number.
For what specific purpose do you want to use this?
Sorry, but this seems rather suspicious to me, so I would need a response before even considering any assistance.
(Jun-07-2020, 10:02 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: [ -> ]Service Number is very private, to a veteran, it's like social security number.
For what specific purpose do you want to use this?
Sorry, but this seems rather suspicious to me, so I would need a response before even considering any assistance.
Good Morning, I can assure you my Rats of Tobruk Project is not for the purpose of delving into anyone's Private Life. I commenced m ROT Project 12 years ago, for two (2) Basic Reasons, a) My Uncle is a Rat of Tobruk (QX1733) and, b) To Support the Rats of Tobruk Association, Melbourne, which is Now the Last ROTA still active and functioning in the World, and was close to Closing its doors, when I commenced this Project of Support and Promotion. Many of the Rats of Tobruk, who were still Living at the time, gave my Project their Fullest Support, as there was nothing like it at that time (2008, to show that they existed. I am Proud to say that ROTA Melbourne is now running fine, as a Direct Result of my voluntary work, on their behalf. There are only Thirty Three (33) Australian Rats of Tobruk still Living, with the Youngest (RAN) being 96. For the moment, I think it is probably best I show you the End Result of my National ROT Database Work, and you can see for yourself just what it is I have done, on behalf of the Veteran Rats and their Descendants/Relatives - My intention now is to Keep The FLAME Burning, in Memory of all Rats of Tobruk
( www.ratsoftobruktribute.com )
I would appreciate any assistance that you are able to provide, inn writing a Script Program, and I can provide an Email attached Document, that partially shows why I have to take this Path and information that a Programmer will need to perform my request.
If you are interested in assisting me, please provide your Email, so that I can forward you my Document.
Thank you for your Ears - I assume that you may also be a Veteran yourself and if that is true - I Salute Your Service - to What Country??
Thanks for clarification.
(Jun-08-2020, 03:00 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for clarification.

Larz60+, Thank You for acceptance - are you in a position to assist me.
If you, I will need your Email to send you my information. I cannot see anywhere I can Upload it on this Page.
Thank You.
(Jun-08-2020, 03:40 AM)Nasho23 Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot see anywhere I can Upload it on this Page.
It's because new users (with 5 posts and less) are restricted to attach files. This will change when you get more than 5 posts.

Note that trying to view your site https://www.ratsoftobruktribute.com/ it says 403: Your location is blacklisted. Same, when you use Tor (i.e. different location, also blacklisted). Don't know if this is you or your ISP, but you may want to investigate.
(Jun-08-2020, 04:31 AM)buran Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun-08-2020, 03:40 AM)Nasho23 Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot see anywhere I can Upload it on this Page.
It's because new users (with 5 posts and less) are restricted to attach files. This will change when you get more than 5 posts.

Note that trying to view your site https://www.ratsoftobruktribute.com/ it says 403: Your location is blacklisted. Same, when you use Tor (i.e. different location, also blacklisted). Don't know if this is you or your ISP, but you may want to investigate.
Buran, Thank You for pointing that out for me but it makes things difficult, when trying to provide all of the information needed.
In respect of my Website, my RS Firewall has blocked a number of Countries, due to the activity of Hackers. My Firewll for the Site is bombarded with Suspicious Attempts to obtain Data from my Site. Rats Of Tobruk Interest is mainly centered on Countries who had Troops fighting bthere during the Siege of Tobruk - namely - Australia, UK, India, Poland and Czech. These Countries are Open for viewing, at this time.
What Country are you viewing from - I will consider changing the Setting, so that you can view my work.

Thank You.
Germany is blocked :-/

Many Germans are indoctrinated and if they read independent reports about history, they go crazy.
You're welcome. It's nice to have you here.
(Jun-08-2020, 06:38 AM)DeaD_EyE Wrote: [ -> ]Germany is blocked :-/

Many Germans are indoctrinated and if they read independent reports about history, they go crazy.
You're welcome. It's nice to have you here.
Thank You for the Welcome.
Have you read the Real Reason I am on here - It seems that I cannot Upload my Explanatory Document yet.
Regards.
Now it should work, you've 5 posts.
Pages: 1 2