Python Forum

Full Version: importing module - not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all -
Total Python beginner looking for some help. I looked all over for an answer with no luck... sorry for the total newbie question. I'm working my way through Eric Matthes' Python Crash Course book.

Here's my code:
import pizza

pizza.make_pizza(16,'mushrooms')
Here is the file pizza - which is in the same directory as making.pizza
def make_pizza(size, *toppings):
	""" Summarize the pizza we are about to make """
	print(f"\nMaking a {size}-inch pizza with the following toppings:")
	for topping in toppings:
		print(f"- {topping}")
For some reason the import isn't working. Here's the error I'm getting...
Error:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/Users/jdhamblett/Desktop/python_work/making_pizzas", line 1, in <module> import pizza ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pizza' [Finished in 0.4s with exit code 1] [cmd: ['python3', '-u', '/Users/jdhamblett/Desktop/python_work/making_pizzas']] [dir: /Users/jdhamblett/Desktop/python_work] [path: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/X11/bin]
Is there a configuration setting I'm missing in Sublime Text (I couldn't get this to work on my terminal session either on my Mac). I'm running Python3 3.8.3.

Thanks for the help!
I'm not familiar with sublime but, maybe the path is not included with sublime. Check your paths. Check to see if will work in a shell.
Your files don't seem to have the extension .py, this is probably the cause of the error. Rename the files pizza.py and making_pizzas.py
(Jun-22-2020, 07:29 PM)Gribouillis Wrote: [ -> ]Your files don't seem to have the extension .py, this is probably the cause of the error. Rename the files pizza.py and making_pizzas.py

I'm an idiot... that was exactly it... I was assuming Sublime was saving everything with the .py extension.

Ugh... thanks for the help... really appreciate it.