Python Forum

Full Version: What key shall i use if I want to execute this object
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Python_Learning_Machine is an enormous pdf. I am lost there. Maybe Wavyk, that gave me this object (not file)will tell me what key I shall use. I tried Theano without success.

my codimport theano
from theano import tensor as T

In[1]: nums = input("Write your numbers: ")
...:
Write your numbers: 3 14 5.43  723.98 65
In[2]: nums_l = [float(n) for n in nums.split()]
In[3]: nums_l
Out[3]: [3.0, 14.0, 5.43, 723.98, 65.0]
In[4]: print("Numbers: {}\nSum: {}\nAverage: {:.3f}".format(nums_l, sum(nums_l), sum(nums_l) / len(nums_l)))
Numbers: [3.0, 14.0, 5.43, 723.98, 65.0]
Sum: 811.41
Average: 162

e here
(Apr-19-2017, 02:22 PM)sylas Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe Wavyk, that gave me this object (not file)will tell me what key I shall use. I tried Theano without success.
This is the post as reference.  
He told you that he did use IPython,you can not  use In[1] out[2] in normal script/code.
Using interactive shell for testing stuff is very common in Python.
Shell start with>>> or In[1] when doing interactive stuff.
So as code:
nums = input("Write your numbers: ")
nums_l = [float(n) for n in nums.split()]
print("Numbers: {}\nSum: {}\nAverage: {:.3f}".\
     format(nums_l, sum(nums_l), sum(nums_l) / len(nums_l)))
What you want use Theano for into this i am not sure  of.
Thank you for your reply. So far I used Pycharm. For Once I wiil try vim with Python . Now unfortunately I must go in a hospital because I am sick. But I will carry with me my dear PC !
(Apr-19-2017, 02:54 PM)snippsat Wrote: [ -> ]What you want use Theano for into this i am not sure  of.
I am too curious. Also I am curious why someone trying to learn python language would buy specialized book that assumes atleast basic proficiency in python instead of buying book that teachs python - like Learning Python (and this one is enormous with 1600+ pages, not Python Machine Learning). And there are some nice free python books/tutorials too.
Thanks again, Mister Snippsat, your code is a real code, and it works very well with my Pycharm. What is easier than pyCharm.???
(Apr-19-2017, 04:56 PM)sylas Wrote: [ -> ]What is easier than pyCharm.???
Hmm PyCharm is very good for beginner,have a lot tool for Python out of the box.
Other stuff to get used to is command line usage,if use windows cmder fine.
Learn to use REPL(interactive testing),PyCharm has a default one or can use IPython/Jupyter from PyCharm.

A light weight editor for different usage eg (web)html,css,JavaScript or other languages.
Eg Notepad++,Gedit,Kate or a little heavier AtomSublime Text these has a lot cool stuff an modern features.
What Python people use is a big personal mix of different tool,just some mention here.
Probably easiest way is to edit code with your favourite text editor and run your your program (file) from command line. You mentioned that you are a vim user, vim with few options set on is a good choice to edit python code. After saving your code into a file, you can run it from command line with python3 filename (assuming that you have python3 and you are in directory where is your program file saved).