Python Forum

Full Version: Edit with Idle Missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

I am extremely new to coding and in my adventures yesterday afternoon I somehow managed to get the "edit with idle" option to disappear from my .py files when I right-click on them. I have tried running through all of the options that I could find using the "Open With" menus, but I still haven't had any luck.

I am currently opening the files with Idle, because at least that way I can edit them easily, but I'd like to get it back to the default of double clicking the file to open it & right clicking it to edit it in idle.

At the moment the only thing that I am able to edit my code with when I right click the file is Notepad++.

I am running Windows 7 if that makes any difference for any type of help that people can provide.
Why not uninstall, reinstall the software, hopefully it works
IDLE is poor IDE. So, that may be effect, not defect :-)
Notepad++ with some plugins is way better, IMHO :-)
(Aug-25-2020, 03:15 PM)kevinvi8 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all,

I am extremely new to coding and in my adventures yesterday afternoon I somehow managed to get the "edit with idle" option to disappear from my .py files when I right-click on them. I have tried running through all of the options that I could find using the "Open With" menus, but I still haven't had any luck.

I am currently opening the files with Idle, because at least that way I can edit them easily, but I'd like to get it back to the default of double clicking the file to open it & right clicking it to edit it in idle.

At the moment the only thing that I am able to edit my code with when I right click the file is Notepad++.

I am running Windows 7 if that makes any difference for any type of help that people can provide.

Hello there! Just do a small thing :D, uninstall and reinstall but while reinstalling you can see a small option to add Python PATH just check it and install, and it will work hopefully :D