Python Forum

Full Version: alerts in new theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have noticed i have a hard time determining the alerts in the new theme compared to the default mybb theme. In default, the color changes to red as well as a number making it glaringly obvious that there is a new alert. On the new theme it is the "baseball bases" looking icon that has a circle expanding outward from it. I find it hard to discern a new alert. I was wondering if anyone else has this issue or it is just me?
You can change the color of the icon when there is new by doing this

delete the classes from custom.css
.pulse .alerts--new {
    display: block;
    border-radius: 40px;
    height: 40px;
    width: 40px;
    position: absolute;
    -webkit-animation: animation-pulse 3.5s ease-out;
    animation: animation-pulse 3.5s ease-out;
    -webkit-animation-iteration-count: infinite;
    animation-iteration-count: infinite;
    opacity: 0;
    border-width: 3px;
    border-style: solid;
    border-color: #E4E6EF;
}
.pulse.pulse-white .alerts--new {
    border-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.75);
}
then go to "myalerts_headericon" template and search for "svg-icon svg-icon-xl" then add a class to it "alerts--new", it should be "svg-icon svg-icon-xl alerts--new".

after that go to custom.css and add this code

.svg-icon.alerts--new svg g [fill] {
    -webkit-transition: fill 0.3s ease;
    transition: fill 0.3s ease;
    fill: #F64E60 !important;
}
The old one was better.
I also liked the way code was framed with scrolling, quotes highlighted, etc.
(Oct-12-2020, 03:35 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: [ -> ]The old one was better.
I also liked the way code was framed with scrolling, quotes highlighted, etc.

i agree with you, when i designed this theme i was looking for a way to make the "MyAlerts" mybb plugin to make it scrolling not a modal popup, if the community staff give me access to the old plugin i can make the old plugin compatible with this theme in a cool way
(Oct-12-2020, 03:45 PM)rain Wrote: [ -> ]if the community staff give me access to the old plugin i can make the old plugin compatible with this theme in a cool way
We can take change on that as also D0X3D know you.
look at PM for access to admin panel with plugins.  

Tell me when finish,can do same later if there are other stuff that you will fix.