Python Forum

Full Version: Can't install Lcapy library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
Has anyone ever successfully installed the lcapy library on Windows?
http://lcapy.elec.canterbury.ac.nz/insta...or-windows
I tried with pip3 and it gives a lot of errors.
Thanks.
Here is top of long list of errors:

ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
command: 'c:\users\user_a\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\python.exe' -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'C:\\Users\\user_a\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-pb7_klwb\\matplotlib\\setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'C:\\Users\\user_a\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-pb7_klwb\\matplotlib\\setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' egg_info --egg-base 'C:\Users\user_a\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-pip-egg-info-g8kf1gp2'
cwd: C:\Users\user_a\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-pb7_klwb\matplotlib\
Complete output (249 lines):
WARNING: The wheel package is not available.
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
command: 'c:\users\user_a\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\python.exe' 'c:\users\user_a\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages\pip\_vendor\pep517\_in_process.py' prepare_metadata_for_build_wheel 'C:\Users\USER_A\AppData\Local\Temp\tmphu2cdosp'
cwd: C:\Users\User_a\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-wheel-lvphfekr\numpy
Complete output (200 lines):
Running from numpy source directory.
setup.py:470: UserWarning: Unrecognized setuptools command, proceeding with generating Cython sources and expanding templates
I just installed on Linux without issue, using:
pip install lcapy

I'd try ms windows but don't have it installed.
(Oct-22-2020, 11:26 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed on Linux without issue, using:
pip install lcapy

I'd try ms windows but don't have it installed.

I'll also try on Linux, but for the moment I have problem with Ubuntu VM.
Installed as you suggested ... just with pip ... and works well on Ubuntu VM.
Quote:I just installed on Linux without issue, using:
pip install lcapy

Did you encounter ths issue: when displaying transfer function in IDLE, the line is cut, altough there is space to display it in just one line. Here is example.
[Image: lcapy-string-cut.jpg]
I only attempted the install, did not run any code.